Scottish League History

The place to discuss Scottish football
Aten

Scottish League History

Post by Aten » Thu May 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Hello everyone.

Just to let you know I have started a website which will cover in detail the history of the Scottish League, the link is https://www.scottishleaguehistory.com/

This is going to be a massive undertaking so my intention is to regularly update the site as and when my research is completed. Will be grateful for any comments at this stage and if any glaring errors are noticed please let me know so they can be rectified.

Thank you for your support

Peter.

BMCCOLL

Re: Scottish League History

Post by BMCCOLL » Fri May 15, 2020 8:49 pm

Best wishes Peter. I can well understand the undertaking your making!
http://sfha.org.uk/

tatty73

Post by tatty73 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:52 am

Hi Peter, I was just wondering if you are still continuing with this and if so when the next installments will be posted. Have to commend you on what is already up, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through everything you've posted so far and do hope you are going to continue, although I do appreciate the scale of such an undertaking and obviously the time it must take to research, compile and write.

Aten

Post by Aten » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:06 pm

Hi “tatty73”, thanks for taking an interest!

Yes. I shall be uploading several more months within the next week, taking it up to almost the conclusion of the first league season. As well as the results the updates will include some interesting clashes between the SL and the SFA plus the massive climb down by the SFA over the Renton case.

I can only apologise to you (and anyone else out there who has been following) for the slowdown. Whilst there is an incredible amount of online resources now available for researching, physical access to libraries has been, understandably, severely curtailed under the present circumstances. I’m also involved in another big project concerning senior football in Springburn (1870s through 1890s), Cowlairs, of course, being a founder member of the SL.

Taking on two large projects at the same time is probably a big mistake on my part, however I'm committed now! Hopefully, Covid-19 wise, things will soon start to ease up and I can begin to move things on faster.

Thanks again for your interest.

Peter.