A New Record

The place to discuss Scottish football
LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 am

Motherwell?

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:55 am

lbb wrote:Do Celtic go into the Europa Cup qualifiers if they lose to Moscow Dinamo?
Yes they do. If they lose in this round they'll go into the final Europa League qualifiers. If they lose in the next round they'll go into the Europa League group stage.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:57 am

LEATHERSTOCKING wrote:Motherwell?
Of course, Motherwell v Llanelli. No wonder I couldn't find one. I was trawling through my records up to the end of LAST season!

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:19 pm

And it gets even worse. So bad at Pittodrie that Motherwell's 3-0 defeat is quite respectable by comparison.

upthewell

Post by upthewell » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:45 pm

scottish wrote:And it gets even worse. So bad at Pittodrie that Motherwell's 3-0 defeat is quite respectable by comparison.
I didn't expect us to get even a draw against Steaua - but was hopeful for a more narrow defeat so that the tie was still alive for next week.

The Aberdeen score has taken me by complete surprise though. Shocked actually...

lbb

Post by lbb » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:56 am

I'm surprised people are surprised at Aberdeen's result.

Scottish footballers are utterly and completely useless at their job. This would be the starting negotiating point for all contracts if I was in charge of a club. They demand professional salaries and are then completely humiliated by Czechs, Romanians, passing Leichtensteinians. Yet not one of them will have the decency to resign from their clubs and take up another trade, acknowledging the fact that they simply aren't good enough and that dirt-poor footballers in second-rate countries who have no access to professional training and facilities have technical ability way in excess of anything they have ever managed. Give it a couple of months and they'll be swaggering around the grounds of our country as if they're thoroughly deserving, in fact entitled, to our money.

Tbh, I'm absolutely sick to the back teeth of the constant incompetence of Scottish football clubs. They never learn! Never. Not once.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:49 pm

lbb wrote:I'm surprised people are surprised at Aberdeen's result.
Being thrashed at home by a side that struggled to beat Icelandic opponents in the previous round? No, even by recent abysmal standards this was not a result to be expected.

John Meffen

Post by John Meffen » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:48 am

I wasn't the least bit surprised when falkirk went & did that to me [after all I've seen Falkirk 0 East Stirlingshire 3, in a league match!, i have long been inured to the pain FFC try to inflict on me], but this whole european debâcle does seem to be turning into a farce. i think we should leave uefa now, & try to join concacaf or oceania, or anywhere closer to our level, before it gets too embarrasing.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:46 am

John Meffen wrote: i think we should leave uefa now, & try to join concacaf or oceania, or anywhere closer to our level, before it gets too embarrasing.
Not CONCACAF. I couldn't take another Costa Rica. And "before' it gets too embarrassing? If Vaduz, Llanelli & 5-1 defeats at home aren't bad enough, what levels do we have to sink to?

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:16 pm

What levels do we have to sink to? How about losing @ home 4-1 to QOS??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus Christ, I`m thinking of throwing away my bowler.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:54 pm

Sat31March1928 wrote:Only 1 Scottish Team has won a tie after losing Home leg

http://www.londonhearts.com/europe/index.htm#tiesres

36 have failed.
Getting a bit like buses, this. Nothing for 54 years then two inside a month.

Sat31March1928

Post by Sat31March1928 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 pm

scottish wrote:
Sat31March1928 wrote:Only 1 Scottish Team has won a tie after losing Home leg

http://www.londonhearts.com/europe/index.htm#tiesres

36 have failed.
Getting a bit like buses, this. Nothing for 54 years then two inside a month.
And when Aberdeen score 5 without reply tomorrow night ......
Jackson; James; Jackson; James; Jackson

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:02 pm

Memo to clubs looking for a ground for European ties: avoid Airdrie. Three clubs (Airdrieonians, Motherwell, Queen of the South) have played five UEFA ties at two grounds in Airdrie and the Scottish club has lost four times. What was that about Airdrie being wonderful?

HibeeJibee

Post by HibeeJibee » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:25 am

Unless there is a recent thrashing I've missed (not in 'Up for the Cup')... am I right in saying that Aberdeen 1-8 Sigma Olomouc is the 2nd worst score in the history of Scottish clubs in Europe :cry:? Better than Eintracht Frankurt 12-4 Rangers; equal(?) to Rangers 0-7 Real Madrid; and worse than Chelsea 9-3 Morton and Hibs 2-8 Juventus? Shambolic by the Dons...

lbb

Post by lbb » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:00 am

HibeeJibee wrote:Unless there is a recent thrashing I've missed (not in 'Up for the Cup')... am I right in saying that Aberdeen 1-8 Sigma Olomouc is the 2nd worst score in the history of Scottish clubs in Europe :cry:?
Well, Celtic have just drawn Arsenal so give it time. :wink:

You had to be resigned to Aberdeen and Motherwell going out but it's rather disappointing that they couldn't even organise themselves for the second leg. Very little comment in the press from what I can see. When did we just accept that Romanians and Czechs were vastly superior to our clubs. I must have missed that meeting.