What To Do Against Gibraltar

The place to discuss Scottish football
Scottish
Site Admin

Re: What To Do Against Gibraltar

Post by Scottish » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:20 am

I agree Anya did well. He beat men, got to the bye-line and put over some decent crosses. What more is he expected to do? Since he came into the team I don't think he's put in a bad performance and after Brown & Naismith must be the next name pencilled in these days.

To be fair to Smith & McLeish, both recorded wins over France during their time in charge.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 am

Incidentally, I don't think that crowd was at all bad, even taking into account the kids. The opposition was monumentally poor. It was played on a Sunday. With a 5pm kick-off. Live on TV. And a full set of lower league fixtures 24 hours previously including home games for Rangers and Hearts.

Skyline Drifter

Post by Skyline Drifter » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:38 am

scottish wrote:Incidentally, I don't think that crowd was at all bad, even taking into account the kids. The opposition was monumentally poor. It was played on a Sunday. With a 5pm kick-off. Live on TV. And a full set of lower league fixtures 24 hours previously including home games for Rangers and Hearts.
And the pricing was pretty much scandalous in the circumstances. £45 to watch Gibraltar is a wee bit of profiteering from the SFA. I was surprised the crowd was as high as it was (that said I went!). I do know friends who gave it a miss rather than pay the same to watch Gibraltar as they do to see Germany.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:26 pm

I had no idea it cost that much. Absolutely scandalous. The total weekend crowd was about the same as the average full weekend's SPFL fixtures. Incidentally, I thought the ROI-Poland result worked very much in our favour. Better a point apiece than for either to take three.

Sat31March1928

Post by Sat31March1928 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:18 pm

Skyline Drifter wrote: And the pricing was pretty much scandalous in the circumstances. £45 to watch Gibraltar is a wee bit of profiteering from the SFA. I was surprised the crowd was as high as it was (that said I went!). I do know friends who gave it a miss rather than pay the same to watch Gibraltar as they do to see Germany.
Same here. I know 5 'regulars' who've been to almost every Scotland game in the last 20 years or so, who gave it and the NI game a miss.
Jackson; James; Jackson; James; Jackson

Gabe

Post by Gabe » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:34 pm

Well done Scotland!

But what a panic after 1-1 Casciaro goal .
This time I have finally "by myself" the number of the attendance. Yes 34,255. I have found it sunday night on The Telegraph website match report by Roddy Forsyth.
But, I see that I am arrived second to tell you that number .....
It 's true Dave, one point for ROI and Poland is better for us.

I have only seen the goals on Youtube yesterday. I have seen Scottish defenders completely disoriented during the action of Gibraltar 1-1 goal. Yes we have had a good result, but we may have to give more chances to Steven May and Rhodes. Otherwise, who will be our forward of the next years?

However we have a very good chance to be at least the second in Group D, and I have seen that now we are already the third best team in the table of the best third.

A hug to all of you!

C'mon Scotland

Gabe

Skyline Drifter

Post by Skyline Drifter » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:50 am

Sat31March1928 wrote:
Skyline Drifter wrote: And the pricing was pretty much scandalous in the circumstances. £45 to watch Gibraltar is a wee bit of profiteering from the SFA. I was surprised the crowd was as high as it was (that said I went!). I do know friends who gave it a miss rather than pay the same to watch Gibraltar as they do to see Germany.
Same here. I know 5 'regulars' who've been to almost every Scotland game in the last 20 years or so, who gave it and the NI game a miss.
I didn't go to the Northern Ireland game either. I don't even know what the price was for that one as I never considered going. I'm too busy at the moment to waste half a day getting to and from Glasgow for a friendly, particularly when we had a club game at Kirkcaldy the night before, and were away to Hearts on Saturday as well as the Gibraltar match. If I'd told the wife I was going away to football four times this week I'm genuinely not sure I'd have survived the experience! It was never an option.

ScottishFA

Post by ScottishFA » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:45 am

These are the public ticket prices (SSC members got a small discount for Gibraltar). IMHO sensible pricing for Northern Ireland, way over the top for Gibraltar.

Scotland v Northern Ireland
West /East - £15 Adult / £5 Child (under 16)
South Upper - £18
North & South Lower - £20

Scotland v Gibraltar
West /East - £35 Adult / £15 Child (under 16)
South Upper - £42
North & South Lower - £45

Skyline Drifter

Post by Skyline Drifter » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 am

ScottishFA wrote:These are the public ticket prices (SSC members got a small discount for Gibraltar). IMHO sensible pricing for Northern Ireland, way over the top for Gibraltar.

Scotland v Northern Ireland
West /East - £15 Adult / £5 Child (under 16)
South Upper - £18
North & South Lower - £20

Scotland v Gibraltar
West /East - £35 Adult / £15 Child (under 16)
South Upper - £42
North & South Lower - £45
Did we? Even non-season ticket holders? I should pay more attention, though it wouldn't have changed what I did. I am an SSC member but I as often as not buy tickets through the club and go with colleagues than do so under my own membership.

EastJunior

Post by EastJunior » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:18 am

The Gibraltar game worked out at something like £31 if you’re a season ticket holder in the West or East stands, that is the price for all five home games. The Northern Ireland game was free for season ticket holders, so overall it’s been a fairly decent deal. The walk up prices were indeed scandalous, but the SFA say that they treat every game the same price wise, but the fact is they got it wrong and got it in the neck as a result.

To bring it into context, the Gib FA will likely charge £25-£30 for our game in Faro in October.