Information Sharing

The place to discuss Scottish football
Angusfifer

Information Sharing

Post by Angusfifer » Wed May 27, 2015 8:22 am

Are there any other anoraks sitting on a wealth of information that they would be willing to exchange with fellow enthusiasts?
I have East Fife results, line-ups, scorers, attendances from 1921-22, largely complete with a few gaps in attendances and times of goals. 1903 to 1920-21 is a work in progress nearing completion and 1939-40 to 1945-46 missing a handful of stats. I can also help with programmes issued although this is also incomplete.
I am not at this stage willing to put this information en-masse on-line but may do in the future.
I am however more than willing to help those researching the history of other clubs to fill in gaps in their records. Can anyone offer anything similar?

Boris57

Re: Information Sharing

Post by Boris57 » Fri May 29, 2015 4:29 pm

I am in a similar position with ongoing research into Leith Athletic & have the majority of line-ups, etc ,albeit with gaps, from 1887 to 1954 & like you I would not want to put it online enmasse at the moment but I would also be willing to help out other club researchers with info, etc.

Shawfield Boy

Post by Shawfield Boy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Put me in the same category. I'm about 300 names short of Clyde FC team lists and goalscorers, and my aim is to write a history of the club. In the interim, I'll help where I can regards the Bully Wee but without putting the "family silver" up for grabs just yet.

Alan Brown

Post by Alan Brown » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Always better to keep your cards close to your chest rather than putting all your research on the tinterweb. Looking forward to seeing any new books on the history of Scottish football.

Alan

kjell

Post by kjell » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:12 pm

Hello,

I assume most of us also have websites or blogs. I would like to suggest that we help each other promote books, magazines, others that the members here are writing/creating. It can be short articles or reviews with a link to the writers own website/blogs. Goes without saying (for me) that this kind of promotional help should be free since it is tough enough to make cash to cover outlays on such projects.

Kjell