Third Lanark Night 14th November 2006

The place to discuss Scottish football
partickthistlelad

Third Lanark Night 14th November 2006

Post by partickthistlelad » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:59 pm

The football historian has posted this on the Third Lanark website at:
www.thirdlanarkac.co.uk
I HOPE TO PRESENT A "THIRDS IN ACTION" EVENING ON TUESDAY 14TH NOVEMBER,2006.

IT WILL BE HELD IN " THE QUAICHE " 52 COUSTONHOLM ROAD, SHAWLANDS, GLASGOW G43.IUF. ( Just off Kilmarnock Road, at Pollokshaws East Railway Station.)

K.O. 7.30.pm.

I HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE VIDEO PROGRAMME PRESENTATION YET, BUT IT WILL INCLUDE CLIPS FROM A COUPLE OF LEAGUE & CUP GAMES.

FIVE AND A HALF YEARS AGO, WE ENJOYED A GREAT NIGHT OF NOSTALGIA AT THE QUAICHE WITH CHEERS GALORE FOR EVERY THIRDS GOAL WITNESSED. TO THOSE WHO PREVIOUSLY ATTENDED I HAVE TO SAY, THE CLIPS YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY SEEN, BUT DO COME ALONG AND ENJOY THE COMPANY OF FORMER FANS FROM THE CATHKIN SLOPES.

OF COURSE THERE WILL BE ALSO A QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION, WHEN HOPEFULLY WE CAN ALL LEARN MORE ABOUT THIRDS.

DON'T FORGET - THERE'S NOT TOO MANY TEAMS AROUND CARRYING AN UNBEATEN RECORD OF NEARLY FORTY YEARS !!!!!

YOU WILL RECALL THAT THE LAST ATTEMPT TO RESURRECT THIRDS UNFORTUNATELY FAILED TO LAST DESPITE A WONDERFUL COUPLE OF CAMPAIGNS, WITH TROPHIES BEING WON UNDER THE COMMAND OF HARD WORKING AND EFFICIENT COACH PETER DOHERTY. BECAUSE THE FORTIETH ANNIVERSARY OF THE CLUB'S CLOSURE TAKES PLACE NEXT APRIL, A FEW CATHKIN FOLK WISH TO SEE IF THERE IS A DESIRE TO "TRY AGAIN", AND THIS SUBJECT WILL BE AIRED ON THE NIGHT. OBVIOUSLY THEY NEED LOTS OF SUPPORT FOR SUCH A VENTURE.

I DO HOPE YOU ARE FREE AND ABLE TO JOIN US IN NOVEMBER.

BERT.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:26 pm

Thanks for that, PTL, and welcome to the Forum. Sounds like a great night in prospect. For anyone who hasn't visited it yet, the Thirds site linked in the initial post is a fine tribute to one of Scottish football's much-loved - and still-missed- clubs.

partickthistlelad

Post by partickthistlelad » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:01 pm

scottish wrote:Thanks for that, PTL, and welcome to the Forum. Sounds like a great night in prospect. For anyone who hasn't visited it yet, the Thirds site linked in the initial post is a fine tribute to one of Scottish football's much-loved - and still-missed- clubs.
Thanks for the welcome mate. I cant beleive I have not found this website previously, have just been ahving a read through it and its an absolute gem with the information on it. Hope to meet a few of you at the Third Lanark night :D

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:13 pm

partickthistlelad wrote:
scottish wrote: I cant beleive I have not found this website previously :D
Obviously we can't compete with the BBC and the printed press but this site comes up 4th in a Google search for 'scottish football' and has done for several years now. It is also in the top twenty for 'scottish football league.'

I hope anyone who can make it gets along to the Thirds night. It should be good. I saw an exhibition of Thirds memorabilia in the Mitchell Library in Glasgow a few years ago and that was very impressive - old shirts, Scotland caps, programmes, Thirds yearbooks etc

nightfire

Post by nightfire » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:57 pm

What clips are to be shown

partickthistlelad

Post by partickthistlelad » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:39 pm

nightfire wrote:What clips are to be shown
Its this tuesday. I dont know all the clips to be shown but I know some of them are:
Highlights of the 1956 Glasgow Cup Final between Thirds and Partick Thistle.
A game against Celtic
A game against Hearts

nightfire

Post by nightfire » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:59 pm

partickthistlelad wrote:
nightfire wrote:What clips are to be shown
Its this tuesday. I dont know all the clips to be shown but I know some of them are:
Highlights of the 1956 Glasgow Cup Final between Thirds and Partick Thistle.
A game against Celtic
A game against Hearts
What was shown