Elgin v Buckie 2,109
Edinburgh City v Stirling Albion 511
Raith Rovers v Dumbarton 1,616
Deveronvale v Fraserburgh 1,169
Stranraer v Forfar 196
Cowdenbeath v Edinburgh University 896
Berwick v Arbroath 458
Brechin v Preston 452

The returns from Annan v Morton & Peterhead v Ayr have yet to be received.

Matt

Scottish Cup crowds?

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:01 pm

Any confirmed details already available re. last weekend's attendances (particularly the Palmerston crowd, which seemed to be 6,198)?

Skyline Drifter

Re: Scottish Cup crowds?

Post by Skyline Drifter » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:19 am

Matt wrote:Any confirmed details already available re. last weekend's attendances (particularly the Palmerston crowd, which seemed to be 6,198)?
What about it? :?:

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:18 pm

Matt wrote:Any confirmed details already available re. last weekend's attendances (particularly the Palmerston crowd, which seemed to be 6,198)?
Still waiting for some of the fourth round official crowds. I will post as soon as I have them.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:44 am

Skyline Drifter wrote:
Some sources speak of a crowd of 6,400 which seems to be inaccurate.

Skyline Drifter

Post by Skyline Drifter » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:01 am

Matt wrote:
Skyline Drifter wrote:
Ground capacity is 6,412, though for various reasons it was unlikely to ever be filled (some of the capacity for instance is on a terrace inaccessable to the public).

There was a delay in getting an official crowd to the press on the day, especially as there were so many of them so spread out. It would appear that some journalists, expecting a sell out, just took a pot estimate at the crowd and reported accordingly. 6,198 was the official crowd on the day. I would imagine it will remain so though the club secretary will have had a more meticulous check since so I guess it's not impossible it may yet be corrected. I doubt it though, that would tie in with what we expected.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:25 pm

Skyline Drifter wrote:
Matt wrote:
Skyline Drifter wrote: What about it? :?:
Ground capacity is 6,412, though for various reasons it was unlikely to ever be filled (some of the capacity for instance is on a terrace inaccessable to the public).

There was a delay in getting an official crowd to the press on the day, especially as there were so many of them so spread out. It would appear that some journalists, expecting a sell out, just took a pot estimate at the crowd and reported accordingly. 6,198 was the official crowd on the day. I would imagine it will remain so though the club secretary will have had a more meticulous check since so I guess it's not impossible it may yet be corrected. I doubt it though, that would tie in with what we expected.
Thanks a lot for these details!