Lowest away attendance

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
Gorgiewave

Lowest away attendance

Post by Gorgiewave » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:26 pm

The programme from the recent Queen of the South-Hearts match informs me that Elgin's support at Palmerston in the League Cup this season was 3.

What other clubs publish away attendances? Am I right in thinking Falkirk do? Hearts TV announced Cowdenbeath's support on Saturday as 103.

Has any club recorded a lower away crowd than 3? Excluding closed-door, etc.

I know Hearts had a tiny allowance at Pittodrie in 1985-86 due to work on the stadium.

Slavia Prague's crowd at Tynecastle was more than 3 but maybe not more than 20.

PS: I have a PDF file of Queen of the South's attendances this season with away numbers if anybody would like it and can tell me how to post it on here.
"He took about half an hour to do it, but he did it!"

Skyline Drifter

Re: Lowest away attendance

Post by Skyline Drifter » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Gorgiewave wrote:The programme from the recent Queen of the South-Hearts match informs me that Elgin's support at Palmerston in the League Cup this season was 3.

What other clubs publish away attendances? Am I right in thinking Falkirk do? Hearts TV announced Cowdenbeath's support on Saturday as 103.

Has any club recorded a lower away crowd than 3? Excluding closed-door, etc.

I know Hearts had a tiny allowance at Pittodrie in 1985-86 due to work on the stadium.

Slavia Prague's crowd at Tynecastle was more than 3 but maybe not more than 20.

PS: I have a PDF file of Queen of the South's attendances this season with away numbers if anybody would like it and can tell me how to post it on here.
I produce that page for our programme. And yes, Elgin's support at the away end was 3. They may have had player's comps within the home end on top of that but that's the number who entered the away end. It's not our lowest official away attendance. When we played our UEFA Cup tie against Nordsjaelland of Denmark at Airdrie in 2008 our Danish opponents sold just one single ticket and he had the entire "away end" to himself.

Every club is required to make a return to the SPFL which splits home and away support so they should all have the info (not sure how they work it out in some lower division grounds where segregation doesn't yet apply). Whether they choose to publish it is another question.

Vasco

Post by Vasco » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:35 am

The number of Hearts fans in Leipzig in 1976 was 13!

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:12 am

Vasco wrote:The number of Hearts fans in Leipzig in 1976 was 13!
The number of Celtic fans in Seville in 2003 was half a million.

HibeeJibee

Post by HibeeJibee » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Occasionally at Berwick games, particularly against north-east clubs, the opposition have scored and I've been unaware of a single away fan celebrating.

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Weren`t there more than a million Selatic fans in the National Stadium in 1967?

MadMac

Post by MadMac » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:10 am

Slightly off-topic, but a number of years ago, a preseason friendly saw Newcastle United making the trip north to Berwick. BR laid on a special, which was greeted at Berwick by a significant turnout from Northumbria Police including dogs and horses. The ONE passenger who alighted was somewhat honoured.....