Drumlemble Juniors

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
Rob R

Drumlemble Juniors

Post by Rob R » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:11 am

Trawling through Scottish Junior cup results from the early 1960s, I came across the name Drumlemble, further research tells me they were from Campbelltown, Does anybody know which League they played in ,and what other clubs were in that league ,as I never have came across a league table with Drumlemble in it.

bluedragon

Re: Drumlemble Juniors

Post by bluedragon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:11 am

Rob R wrote:Trawling through Scottish Junior cup results from the early 1960s, I came across the name Drumlemble, further research tells me they were from Campbelltown, Does anybody know which League they played in ,and what other clubs were in that league ,as I never have came across a league table with Drumlemble in it.
I had a look in Brian McColl’s club directory that shows Drumlemble being in existence from 1920 to 1962. There is no league against the club record. However, other clubs in the area and from around the same time were playing in the Campbeltown & District League.

prorege

Post by prorege » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:52 am

The Campbeltown & District Junior League, sometimes known as the Argyll Junior League, varied ion size from four to nine teams. Most were from Campbeltown and its immediate surrounds but some were from further afield.

The structure of the Scottish Junior Cup in the 1950s meant one place in the last 32 was reserved for Argyll.

There is an excellent book on the history of this league:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kit-Caboodle-S ... 1849211965

Rob R

Post by Rob R » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:28 pm

Thanks for the reply's.