Hamilton - new book, April 2009

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.
Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Received this from Amazon today:

Mon, 12. Oct 2009 07:25:12

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the following item:

A. C. Dick, et al "An Illustrated History Hamilton Academical: A Complete History"

This item has now been cancelled from your order #xy and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

We are no longer able to offer this item for sale. Our supplier has informed us that this item has been discontinued and is no longer available.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

jimmygrumble

Post by jimmygrumble » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Following Amazon's e mail to advise me that they were unable to obtain the Accies book, I placed an order with Soccer Books, and it arrived two days later.

The book does exist after all. I was beginning to think that it was a figment of somebody's imagination
only sing when i'm fishing

Insertnamehere

Post by Insertnamehere » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:28 pm

I saw it for sale in Borders a couple of weeks ago. It was on the left when you go up the stairs to the first level in the stationary section.

Scottish
Site Admin

Post by Scottish » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:52 pm

Insertnamehere wrote:I saw it for sale in Borders a couple of weeks ago. It was on the left when you go up the stairs to the first level in the stationary section.
Well, it wasn't there last weekend and the info desk on the ground floor said they didn't have it in stock and had no plans to do so.

StAndrewsHMFC

Post by StAndrewsHMFC » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:18 am

I too ordered the book from soccerbooks and got a copy in the week (as well as the spurs history new, which is on amazon for over £30 second hand)

Have to confess to being slightly dissapointed with the book initially, only ~60 pages are devoted to the story of the Accies with much of the early period skimmed over a bit. Not had a proper read yet though

Alan Brown

Post by Alan Brown » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:50 pm

I have tried Borders three times for this book. Went back in on Friday morning and there it was in the Glasgow History section. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it! There was only one copy on the shelve. Most of the stats for the early games are missing, but it's still a worthwhile resource all the same.

Alan Brown