Scottish Football in the Victorian Era

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.
stewart

Scottish Football in the Victorian Era

Post by stewart » Wed May 27, 2009 12:09 pm

I have just published a new booklet – Victorian Scottish Football Miscellany.
This is the first issue of what I hope, in time, will become a series on the much-neglected pre-1900 era.
Included are the playing records of the member clubs for a decade from 1875 and then again for the first few years of the 1890s ; a listing of the SFA member clubs (by county) in 1891, showing their colours and grounds at that time, as taken from the 1891 SFA Annual.
I have also added a number of snippets from the “Scottish Referee” publication, during the summer of 1893. This gives some contemporary comments of the day on the comings and goings.

Contributions and suggestions for future volumes of this series are welcomed. The intention is that this series will help fill an important gap in Scottish football’s history and encourage further research.

Copies are available at £2.20 plus 65p postage (in a board backed envelope) from me at 12 Windsor Road, Renfrew, PA4 0SS

I have many other publications available (including Brian Reilly’s just-published history of Dennistoun Waverley) - just ask for a free listing by post or e-mail.

Stewart Davidson

steve994

Re: Scottish Football in the Victorian Era

Post by steve994 » Sat May 30, 2009 6:48 am

Included are the playing records of the member clubs for a decade from 1875 and then again for the first few years of the 1890s

What happened to the years 1885 to 1890?

Steve