Tne best league in the world?

For English, European and World football topics.
msdkfc

Post by msdkfc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:07 am

I'm not sure if this is relevant, or relates to the point of the original post, but what the 'best league in the world' is is a highly subjective debate and each person will have their own opinion, based on a whole load of factors. Each to their own and all that. I don't think there's a right or wrong.

I don't know what the Italian and Spanish media say but to me the English think the PL is the best because of the performance of the big 4 in the Champions League, the demand for it worldwide and also a dollop of their own arrogance. Personally these days i can get bored easily watching Match of the Day, due to the atmosphere being too sedate and gentrified. Or frequently there's none at all!

I'd go for the Bundesliga. You won't see the top stars (except if you include Robben and Ribery) but it is, i think, the most entertaining to watch on TV by far, due to the style of football, the atmosphere, the passion of the fans and their football culture. Just a shame it doesn't have the overseas popularity and profile that the EPL and La Liga have.