ROONEY

For English, European and World football topics.
Post Reply
LEATHERSTOCKING
Posts: 1639
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:11 pm
Contact:

ROONEY

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Does anyone know why the Spud Faced Kid is wearing a surgical support on his head?

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by Scottish » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:58 pm

LEATHERSTOCKING wrote:Does anyone know why the Spud Faced Kid is wearing a surgical support on his head?
To stop his expensively acquired new rug from falling out?

Gorgiewave
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:08 pm
Location: Madrid
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by Gorgiewave » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:32 pm

scottish wrote:
LEATHERSTOCKING wrote:Does anyone know why the Spud Faced Kid is wearing a surgical support on his head?
To stop his expensively acquired new rug from falling out?
If this is a joke, it is completely over my head. What does it mean?
"He took about half an hour to do it, but he did it!"

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by Scottish » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:46 pm

1. Leatherstocking reckons Wayne Rooney has a face somewhat resembling a potato.
2. In the past two games he has worn a boxer's headguard.
3. He has had hair implants.

Gorgiewave
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:08 pm
Location: Madrid
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by Gorgiewave » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:47 pm

scottish wrote:1. Leatherstocking reckons Wayne Rooney has a face somewhat resembling a potato.
2. In the past two games he has worn a boxer's headguard.
3. He has had hair implants.
FFS, the goss one misses out on at times...
"He took about half an hour to do it, but he did it!"

the hibLOG
Posts: 1163
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:41 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by the hibLOG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:39 am

It is also being reported that Bertie Vogts was somehow persuaded that Rooney might have a Scottish granny and approached him to play for Scotland, but the information seems to have emanated from some training ground prank. Lost in translation, as they say...
Fraser

Rob R
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 pm
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by Rob R » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:14 am

In the words of Davie Hay (ie, Only an Excuse ) I always wondered how Beckenbeaur never played for Scotland.

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by Scottish » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Or the famous phone-in (which I understand is now undergoing something of an online revival) in which the caller suggests selecting Antii Niemi as Scotland goalkeeper only to be told that it can't be done because Niemi's Finnish. To which the caller replies indignantly, "He's no finished. He's only 28."

the hibLOG
Posts: 1163
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:41 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by the hibLOG » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:43 pm

scottish wrote:Or the famous phone-in (which I understand is now undergoing something of an online revival) in which the caller suggests selecting Antii Niemi as Scotland goalkeeper only to be told that it can't be done because Niemi's Finnish. To which the caller replies indignantly, "He's no finished. He's only 28."
True story - guy on a radio phone-in general knowledge quiz, gets asked who was the jockey who won the last Cheltenham Gold Cup. Quick as a flash he answers Willie Carson. Correct. Next question: who wrote Jane Eyre? Oh...oh,I know this... it's on the tip of me tongue...was it Pat Eddery? ....
Fraser

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by Scottish » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:17 am

Q Who was the 15-stone man who once rode a Derby winner?
A Lester Piggott's cell-mate.

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by Scottish » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:20 am

the hibLOG wrote: True story - guy on a radio phone-in general knowledge quiz, gets asked who was the jockey who won the last Cheltenham Gold Cup. Quick as a flash he answers Willie Carson. Correct. Next question: who wrote Jane Eyre? Oh...oh,I know this... it's on the tip of me tongue...was it Pat Eddery? ....
True story? Cheltenham Gold Cup? Willie Carson? I think my Piggott story is more likely.

Snuff
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 8:55 am
Location: New Cumnock, Ayrshire
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by Snuff » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:04 am

Rob R wrote:
In the words of Davie Hay (ie, Only an Excuse ) I always wondered how Beckenbeaur never played for Scotland.


Sorry Rob, (outbreak of pedantry) - as I remember it, it was Jonathan Watson's "Kenny Dalglish", who came up with that immortal line.

By the way Scottish - that hilarious (I'm still laughing) Lester Piggot joke confirms, you've been too-long in Catalonia; you wouldn't get away with that sort of non-pc stuff in Scotland, well, maybe in Cumnock.
Snuff

the hibLOG
Posts: 1163
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:41 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by the hibLOG » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:37 am

scottish wrote:True story? Cheltenham Gold Cup? Willie Carson? I think my Piggott story is more likely.
The jockeys are improvised on account of my shoddy memory. You can tell I am not a scholar of the turf.
Fraser

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: ROONEY

Post by Scottish » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:13 pm

the hibLOG wrote: You can tell I am not a scholar of the turf.
I am a scholar of the turf who consistently fails his exams.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests