Site Updates

All non-fitba stuff in here please.

Site Updates

Postby scottish » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:21 pm

It will be a while before I update the main site. I've recently upgraded my computer so my old web design software no longer works. I have a WYSIWYG html editor but it's pretty useless on a Mac as it's built for Windows and changes any commas, apostrophes etc into other characters.

Why haven't you purchased new software, I hear you ask? Because my wife is a student and can buy for around one-fifth of the regular price and I can then 'borrow' her software.

But thanks to a bureaucratic glitch she hasn't been formally enrolled yet and without the appropriate documentation can't purchase the software.

Once that happens Macromedia Studio 8 here I come.
scottish
Site Admin

Postby bobby s » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:36 pm

Have you tried joomla?

www.joomla.org :shock:
It's the Hope I can't stand
bobby s

Postby scottish » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:56 pm

Had a quick look but I don't think it's Mac compatible. My problem is that when I upgraded my new iMac doesn't have OS9 which I used to boot into when using Dreamweaver.

That's the other thing - hundreds of files covering two websites and this forum in Dreamweaver which I really don't fancy having to import into another app.

I downloaded the 30-day Dreamweaver OSX trial, expecting to buy (or, correctly, my wife to buy) at the end of it. But a month into her course and the buggers still haven't sorted out registration.

Some companies will sell at educational discount rates if you just provide details of name, course and institution but Macromedia insist on proof via a faxed ID card and of course her old card expired at the end of September.
scottish
Site Admin

Postby scottish » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:54 pm

Stumbled across an excellent piece of web design software cunningly disguised under the name Web Design. Every bit as good as dreamweaver except for its inability to edit in preview mode. But at a fraction of the cost - even the student rate - well worth it.
scottish
Site Admin

Return to Off Topic