Estonian football centenary history

The place to recommend books to other Forum users. Or even to warn off.
ScottishFA

Estonian football centenary history

Post by ScottishFA » Fri May 29, 2009 8:47 pm

I realise that this won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if you are interested in foreign football history I can recommend a new history of Estonian football.

It has been published (in English) this month, and is A4 size, 600 pages, and absolutely crammed with statistics including every international ever played by Estonia at every level, and the results and scorers of every league match ever played in Estonia. Plus all sorts of historical information, photos, hall of fame, etc etc. If nothing else it gets the prize for heaviest football book in my collection at 2.6 kilos.

It's written by a journalist Margus Luik who happens to be a friend of mine which is why I have got a copy. If you are interested, there is a link to info here: http://www.soccernet.ee/news.php?id=25820 with a contact email address for Margus at the bottom if you are interested in purchasing.

It costs a hefty 799 kroon, which is over £40, but I guarantee this is the only book on Estonian football you will ever need!

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:11 am

Haud me back

Vasco

Post by Vasco » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:51 pm

I took delivery of this on Friday (obtained by a journalist friend from Tartu), and it's one of the most impressive football reference books that I've ever seen.

Recommended.

LEATHERSTOCKING

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:08 pm

You`re still not making this one come alive. I can`t see all that many thrilled wee mites unwrapping it on Christmas morning & whooping with delight.