Club Managers

Scottish Football Answers to Questions

Re: Club Managers

Postby scottish » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:33 pm

I should mention that this is now available as a download (epub for Adobe Digital Editions Reader, which is free) and very shortly epub for iPad, iPhone, iPod etc at the bargain price of £5.99. Why bargain? Because I don't understand why some books cost more as downloads than as physical copies. Believe it or not it was cheaper for me to get a hardback copy of the new Umberto Eco novel posted from the UK than it was to download it from either Amazon.com or Amazon Spain.

As I understand it epub doesn't work on Amazon Kindle. So anyone who wants this on Kindle has two options - wait for the Kindle edition to become available (no firm date as yet) or contact me personally and I can provide a pdf, which does work with Kindle.
scottish
Site Admin

Postby Skyline Drifter » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:31 am

I see this thread has already been edited for the appointment of Steve Lomas and departure of Colin Calderwood.

On that basis then it's probably worth pointing out Jimmy Crease resigned at Berwick Rangers in the wake of their Scottish Cup debacle on Wednesday October 26th.
Skyline Drifter

Postby scottish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:36 am

Skyline Drifter wrote:it's probably worth pointing out Jimmy Crease resigned at Berwick Rangers in the wake of their Scottish Cup debacle on Wednesday October 26th.

I've got it as 27th? Thanks for pointing out anyway. I actually altered Crease and added Ian Little to the caretakers before the book went to print. Subsequent changes and new information will have to wait for a second edition.
scottish
Site Admin

Postby Skyline Drifter » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:06 pm

scottish wrote:
Skyline Drifter wrote:it's probably worth pointing out Jimmy Crease resigned at Berwick Rangers in the wake of their Scottish Cup debacle on Wednesday October 26th.

I've got it as 27th? Thanks for pointing out anyway. I actually altered Crease and added Ian Little to the caretakers before the book went to print. Subsequent changes and new information will have to wait for a second edition.

I wasn't talking about the book (or the Excel file), merely the Berwick Rangers post on this thread which didn't have it at all when I posted. It does now I see, though the year is wrong. :wink:

Wednesday 26th October is the date of the Board statement on Berwick's website saying Crease has gone:

JIMMY CREASE STEPS DOWN

Wednesday 26th October 2011
Berwick Rangers formally announce today (Wed 26th October) that Club Manager Jimmy Crease has tendered his resignation with immediate effect.
Coach/Assistant Manager Ian Little will be in charge of 1st Team matters for the time being until the Board meet and discuss the way forward. The Board wish to place on record their appreciation of all the efforts put in by Mr. Crease over many years at Berwick, not only as Club Manager but in other capacities and wish him well.Any further updates will be placed on the official website.
Skyline Drifter

Postby scottish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Skyline Drifter wrote: I wasn't talking about the book

No, but I'm going to take every opportunity I can to talk about it.

Skyline Drifter wrote: It does now I see, though the year is wrong. :wink:

Yes, I had him as a master of time travel. I've corrected date and year now

Skyline Drifter wrote: Wednesday 26th October is the date of the Board statement on Berwick's website saying Crease has gone

Thanks. I took my info from the BBC which was dated 12.49pm Oct 27th and read as if it had happened that day - i.e. no mention of it being the day before.

Mention of the Excel file reminds me it has been some time since I last uploaded. HERE is a new version up to and including the exits of Crease, McInnes and Calderwood and the arrival of Lomas. Also more information on previous managers including many more dates of comings and goings.
scottish
Site Admin

Postby Skyline Drifter » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 pm

scottish wrote:Mention of the Excel file reminds me it has been some time since I last uploaded. HERE is a new version up to and including the exits of Crease, McInnes and Calderwood and the arrival of Lomas. Also more information on previous managers including many more dates of comings and goings.

Gus MacPherson's Queen of the South spell is on the catch all cover page but not in the Mc's section. :wink: (Why does the "wink" Smiley not work? Or is it just me that can't see it and gets a box with an "x" in it?)
Skyline Drifter

Postby scottish » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:43 pm

I haven't updated any of the individual letters for some time. It doesn't seem worth it when anyone downloading can just cut and paste from the main tab if they want. No idea why your smilies aren't working. It appears to me as a two full colons with the word 'wink' sandwiched between them. Though the smilies list to the right looks as if some of them are unavailable, i.e they display the code, not the image. If yours is showing an x check to see you haven't disabled them.
scottish
Site Admin

Postby Skyline Drifter » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 am

scottish wrote:I haven't updated any of the individual letters for some time. It doesn't seem worth it when anyone downloading can just cut and paste from the main tab if they want. No idea why your smilies aren't working. It appears to me as a two full colons with the word 'wink' sandwiched between them. Though the smilies list to the right looks as if some of them are unavailable, i.e they display the code, not the image. If yours is showing an x check to see you haven't disabled them.

I haven't disabled them. Some of them work fine (by which I mean you get a laughing cartoon face like this for instance: :lol: )

For the smiley one, and five others, you get a wee box appear with a red "x" and also the description you give, two full colons with the word 'wink' in between. I'm presuming what we should get is a wee yellow face that actually appears to wink? That's how they work on other sites.
Skyline Drifter

Postby scottish » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:07 pm

No idea why that's happening. Everything looks to be in order but some of the smilies aren't working properly.
scottish
Site Admin

Postby prorege » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:52 am

Alloa's programme for 18/1/99 states -

"On Wednesday 23rd December Tom Hendrie resigned as manager. The Board of Directors are currently interviewing candidates for the position. In the meantime Jimmy Gilmour is in charge as Caretaker Manager".
prorege

Postby scottish » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks. Have duly amended entries.
scottish
Site Admin

Postby prorege » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:25 pm

December 4 - Jocky Scott sacked as manager of Stirling Albion.

Greg MacDonald installed as caretaker manager.
prorege

Postby scottish » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:28 am

prorege wrote:December 4 - Jocky Scott sacked as manager of Stirling Albion.

Greg MacDonald installed as caretaker manager.

Thanks. Have added
scottish
Site Admin

Postby Skyline Drifter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Gary Bollan sacked by Livingston today (5th February). Brian Welsh in temporary charge as caretaker.
Skyline Drifter

Postby scottish » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks. Have amended. Must say it seems a strange one to me.
scottish
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to SFAQS