CHARADEE

All non-fitba stuff in here please.

CHARADEE

Postby LEATHERSTOCKING » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:20 am

For those proposing to forego an evening of televisual entertainment tonight to watch the smug, omnipresent, self satisfied, self promoting “c`lebs” poncing and preening on the telethon of SPORTS RELIEF all made legitimate in the name of charadee, the Daily Mail provides this stomach turning teaser:

“THE LEADING NAMES IN SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT UNITE ONCE MORE FOR AN EVENING OF FUNDRAISING ENTERTAINMENT IN AID OF CHARITY PROJECTS IN BRITAIN AND AFRICA. CLAUDIA WINKLEMAN AND GARY LINEKER KICK OFF THE FUN.”

Pass the sick bag.
LEATHERSTOCKING

Re: CHARADEE

Postby scottish » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:51 am

As one who once spent an entire day traipsing the streets of Middlesbrough dressed as Rab C Nesbitt (cue the jokes about not needing to change my wardrobe) for Children In Need, I shouldn't really complain about such events. There are plenty of other channels to watch. However, when I switch on a TV for the 10 O' Clock News that's what I expect to see, not Davina McCall in a weird red jumpsuit. That woman is fast becoming the Carol Vorderman de nos jours, ready and waiting to pounce at the opening of an envelope.
scottish
Site Admin

Postby Alan McCabe » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 am

I guess it is par for the course in this 'celeb' dominated, materialistic lovey-fest world that we now live in.
On a similar vein, and I apologise if it offends anyone, the media coverage of poor Fabrice Muamba's condition has run the entire 'Gary Speed incident' very close for tackiness in my opinion. You would think the poor lad was dead, such has been the wall-to-wall coverage. I truly hope he pulls through but this whole jersey and scarf laying, minutes applause / silence, grown men weeping nonsense is becoming truly nauseous.
It has seemingly become a British competition to see who can grieve most and I know many Falkirk fans who were very angry at the minute's applause that Speed was granted at the Falkirk Stadium. As one said, the man had no link to the club, let alone Scottish football, never played against them or probably even mentioned them in his life.
Rant over.
Alan McCabe

Postby LEATHERSTOCKING » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:47 am

I keep a couple of bunches of dried out petrol station flowers and some soggy teddy bears in the boot so I can lay them @ any "temple" I pass.
LEATHERSTOCKING

Return to Off Topic