Club Managers

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
John Meffen

Re: Club Managers

Post by John Meffen » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:36 pm

Alex Smith in charge for the time being .......

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by Scottish » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:45 pm

About time youth got a chance.

Sat31March1928
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Musselburgh
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by Sat31March1928 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Gary Locke appointed manager

Heart of Midlothian Football Club can today announce that Gary Locke has been appointed as its new manager.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/2013 ... 84_3111314
Jackson; James; Jackson; James; Jackson

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by Scottish » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Or, as Sky News put it, Hearts, WHO DON'T HAVE A MATCH THIS WEEKEND, have appointed Gary Locke as their new manager.

LEATHERSTOCKING
Posts: 1638
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Gardner Speirs has resigned as Queen`s Park`s coach after six years as of 16th December although he stayed on to oversee the 4-0 defeat by Berwick on 21st December. Former player Richard Sinclair will be assisted by Tony Quinn until a new coach is appointed. Queen`s will advertise for a new coach and interviews will take place during week commencing 6th January.

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by Scottish » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:40 pm

Thanks, Forrest. Have duly amended. I'm usually pretty good at spelling but I have a blind spot with his surname. Is it Speirs? Or Spiers?

LEATHERSTOCKING
Posts: 1638
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:53 am

Walter Gardner Speirs. Played for St.Mirren, Kilmarnock, Dunfermline, Hartlepool, Airdrie, Bathgate & E.Stirlingshire. Managed Clyde, coach @ Pittodrie & head coach @ Hampden since January 2008.

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by Scottish » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks

LEATHERSTOCKING
Posts: 1638
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:35 pm

New head coach @ Hampden is...Gus McPherson! - as of 22nd January 2014. He`s Queen`s Park`s 13th coach since Eddie Turnbull(the first) in 1963. The last two, Billy Stark & Gardner Speirs, held the post for the last 9 years so Gus`s tenure looks secure for the nex few years. A win @ Peterhead on Saturday will cut the gap between top & bottom of the 4th Division to a mere 23 points with 15 games still to go - gaun yersel` big man!!

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by Scottish » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:15 am

Good luck to Gus - one of the good guys. But that's the first time I've ever heard him called "big man."

And clearly TS Eliot wasn't thinking of Scottish football when he said "April is the cruellest month." January 2014 has seen three sackings/resignations inside nine days and still have over a week to run.

LEATHERSTOCKING
Posts: 1638
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by LEATHERSTOCKING » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:18 am

In Glasgow, anyone over 5`-3" is a "Big Man". Billy Connolly isn`t particularly tall but has always been tamused at being called he big yin.

Skyline Drifter
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Dumfries
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by Skyline Drifter » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:14 am

scottish wrote:Good luck to Gus - one of the good guys. But that's the first time I've ever heard him called "big man."

And clearly TS Eliot wasn't thinking of Scottish football when he said "April is the cruellest month." January 2014 has seen three sackings/resignations inside nine days and still have over a week to run.
Three in five days unless I've missed something?

Paul Hartley resigned on Saturday 18th, Martyn Corrigan sacked on Tuesday 21st and Ross Jack sacked on Wednesday 22nd.

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by Scottish » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:14 am

Skyline Drifter wrote: Three in five days unless I've missed something?

Paul Hartley resigned on Saturday 18th, Martyn Corrigan sacked on Tuesday 21st and Ross Jack sacked on Wednesday 22nd.
I hadn't caught up with Ross Jack. The first of the three I was talking about was Ian Little, sacked by Berwick Rangers January 12th. Jack makes it four in ten.

BTW any idea of caretakers at Stenhousemuir & Elgin. No announcement from either club.

Scottish
Site Admin
Posts: 7665
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by Scottish » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:20 am

LEATHERSTOCKING wrote:In Glasgow, anyone over 5`-3" is a "Big Man". Billy Connolly isn`t particularly tall but has always been tamused at being called he big yin.
In which case they must address you as "haw, Goliath." I (5' 10") must admit I've been addressed that way myself often and not just in Glasgow either.

Skyline Drifter
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Dumfries
Contact:

Re: Club Managers

Post by Skyline Drifter » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:23 pm

scottish wrote:
Skyline Drifter wrote: Three in five days unless I've missed something?

Paul Hartley resigned on Saturday 18th, Martyn Corrigan sacked on Tuesday 21st and Ross Jack sacked on Wednesday 22nd.
I hadn't caught up with Ross Jack. The first of the three I was talking about was Ian Little, sacked by Berwick Rangers January 12th. Jack makes it four in ten.

BTW any idea of caretakers at Stenhousemuir & Elgin. No announcement from either club.
No idea about Stenny. Assistant Kevin McGoldrick apparently turned down the request to take over on a caretaker basis and has walked out in support of Corrigan.

Senior players Paul Kaczan and and David Niven are in charge of Elgin at the moment.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests