Scottish Football Historical Archive

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
Aten

Scottish Football Historical Archive

Post by Aten » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Has the Scottish-football-historical-archive moved again? The last link I had to the site is scottish-football-historical-archive.co.nf, however it seems that link no longer exists. Does anyone have a new link?

Many thanks.

BMCCOLL

Re: Scottish Football Historical Archive

Post by BMCCOLL » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:43 pm

Due to a problem with the free .co.nf suffix, it has been suspended. This has meant the SFHA site is down yet again and unless I can find a free host the only freely available access will be via the webarchive. I am looking at getting the site up and running again but please don't expect anything to appear until 2020 at least. I have had a big drain on my time for the last 2 years due to pressing family commitments and I'm afraid maintaining the site has been way down in my list of priorities.

I have all the data on disk so if there is anything that is not available on the webarchive version please ask and I'll try to help.
http://sfha.org.uk/

Alan McCabe

Post by Alan McCabe » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:41 am

Please forgive me if my lack of tech knowledge shows through in this message but I'm very much a pen 'n' bit o' paper man!
Firstly, I hope your fortunes change Brian and whatever it is you and your family are going through gets better. Mere websites are understandably way down your priorities.
Secondly, so as to get your astonishing full works back available to your indebted followers, can we not muster enough collective financial will through interested members on here to afford a web host? I don't know the costs and would need advised of estimates and just how much you can store within a financial package.
I'm happy to offer my share if anyone in-the-know can advise of how, where and how much.
Let me know if anyone else is interested and, in the meantime, hope the sun starts to shine a bit brighter for Brian.

Aten

Post by Aten » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:58 am

Thanks for the update, Brian, I fully understand your position and hope that things improve for yourself and family in the very near future.

The point you raised, Alan, as regards possible financial support is a good one. I would also be willing to contribute.

Sat31March1928

Post by Sat31March1928 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:28 am

Hi,

I've got webspace on londonhearts.com

I can create a sub domain and a user and password for you to ftp files there if you want?
Jackson; James; Jackson; James; Jackson

BMCCOLL

Post by BMCCOLL » Fri May 22, 2020 8:24 pm

A quick update.

I've heeded some very helpful advice and registered a new domain name, http://sfha.org.uk.

After making a new home page I added some seasonal files from 1873 to 1890 and will add the remaining 19th Century results over the coming weeks. I will also be tidying up the many other files and pages and be uploading them onto the site over the coming months.

Please bear with me while I do this and hopefully give the site the stability it has sadly lacked for the last few years.

Thanks again for all the support and I am really looking forward to working on the Archive again.
http://sfha.org.uk/

bluedragon

Post by bluedragon » Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Brian, this is great news. Thank you for your work on getting the Scottish Football Historical Archive up and running again as it is an invaluable resource.