Clyde Shamrock

Scottish Football Answers to Questions
Shawfield Boy

Clyde Shamrock

Post by Shawfield Boy » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:29 pm

I've received an email asking if there was any connection between Clyde Shamrock (Glasgow Juvenile league) and Clyde FC. I am 100% certain there is no direct contact between the teams, however any information on Clyde Shamrock would be appreciated (I believe they played in Tollcross, Glasgow (maybe Germiston Park or Shamrock Park).

The email was from a relative of Ernest Danforth, who played for Clyde Shamrock (he is listed in the Clyde Shamrock team around Nov 1897), so the second part of my query is for any information on Ernest.

Fully appreciate this is a long-shot.

Thanks

SB

bluedragon

Re: Clyde Shamrock

Post by bluedragon » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:36 pm

I do not know if this helps or hinders but In the Scottish Referee (19 November 1897) there is a Danforth in the Rosebank line-up to play against Clyde Shamrock. However, on that day Clyde Shamrock were also due to play Eastern Hibs in a Glasgow Juvenile Cup tie. So perhaps Clyde Shamrock had two teams as they appeared to play in both Glasgow and Cambuslang Juvenile competitions.

Shawfield Boy

Re: Clyde Shamrock

Post by Shawfield Boy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:52 am

Thanks again Bluedragon, that was the game I was referring to in my original post. Best Regards SB