Connection problem

All non-fitba stuff in here please.

Connection problem

Postby scottish » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:50 pm

My router has expired and with that wonderful efficiency so characteristic of Telefonica – Spain’s answer to BT – they tell me they might get me a replacement sometime in the next fortnight (I do have a spare router but net access here is configured so esoterically that when I plug in my spare router the line goes dead).

What this means is that my net access will be extremely limited in the meantime. I will still answer e-mails, respond to queries, deal with spammers etc but it my take a little bit longer than previously.

Thanks in advance for your forbearance.
scottish
Site Admin

connection Problem

Postby kiwiscot » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:17 am

When I first came to NZ (1974 ) Ma and Da posted the back pages of the Mail and Post on Monday morning and if I didn't get them by the following Saturday morning was I in a foul mood for the rest of the weekend, I especially looked forward to what happened in midweek column, just for the results alone. I always wondered did Neil Armstrong ever find out the World Series South West Conference play off, repecharge wild card preliminary minor final result when he was on the dark side of the moon. and if he didn't , I can understand why he never settled there.
kiwiscot

Postby the hibLOG » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:18 pm

My Dad has been sending me the Hibs cuttings from The Scotsman for the past 22 years since I moved to Cambridge - they form the basis of the stuff on my website.

Funnily enough, kiwiscot, I'm going to be moving to Wellington in December and will be transporting the yellowing mass of cuttings that I haven't yet scanned and uploaded.

I've reassured my Dad that he doesn't have to keep posting the newsprint to me on the other side of the planet though.
Fraser
the hibLOG

Postby Sat31March1928 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Fraser, just take the reports on wins.
Jackson; James; Jackson; James; Jackson
Sat31March1928

Return to Off Topic