Brian Hall RIP

For English, European and World football topics.
bluedragon

Brian Hall RIP

Post by bluedragon » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:54 am

Liverpool FC have announced the death of Glasgow-born Brian Hall who played for the club in the late 1960's/early 1970's. He was a terrific player in the successful Liverpool team of the early 1970's. He won two League Championships, two UEFA Cups, one FA Cup and one FA Charity Shield while at Anfield. For me he was one of my earliest memories of experiencing the wit of the Kop. He was nicknamed "Little Bamber" alongside Steve Heighway who was "Big Bamber". Both players were university graduates and Bamber Gascoigne was the question master of "University Challenge" at the time.

Rob R

Re: Brian Hall RIP

Post by Rob R » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:48 pm

I remember a few years ago , reading one of those Shankly things he came away with from time to time. Brian Hall whilst at University , worked part time for Liverpool Corporation Transport as a bus conductor as well as a part timer at Anfield. One night he turned up for training in his bus uniform and Shankly , watching him change into his football kit said to him, Tell me this lad, do you need a University degree noo tae be a bus conductor.

Rob R

Re: Brian Hall RIP

Post by Rob R » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:53 pm

Sad news, a true team player, one who flew under the radar of Scottish team managers and selecters